20-Second Year-End Tax Planning Quiz For Pre-Retirees
Published Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at: 7:00 AM EST
If you're in your 50s or 60s and own an interest in a business or professional corporation, knowing the answers to these four questions can lower your 2019 federal tax bill sharply, while jumpstarting a tax-advantaged retirement income plan.
1. True/False. S Corps, LLCs, and partnerships are not entitled to the deduction on pass-through income.
2. True/False. Defined benefit plans are ill-advised for income individuals.
3. The deduction on pass-through income is:
b) for business owners, professionals, and sole proprietors
c) key in bracket management
d) All of the above
4. True/False. To qualify for the business owner deduction in 2019, a married couple's adjusted gross income must not exceed $321,400.
Answers: 1-F; 2-F; 3-d; 4-F
This article was written by a veteran financial journalist. While these are sources we believe to be reliable, the information is not intended to be used as financial or tax advice without consulting a professional about your personal situation. Tax laws are subject to change. Indices are unmanaged and not available for direct investment. Investments with higher return potential carry greater risk for loss. No one can predict the future of the stock market or any investment, and past performance is never a guarantee of your future results.
© 2020 Advisor Products Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Last Chance In 2019 For Pre-Retired Professionals & Biz Owners
- The Fed Just Cut Rates Again; What's It Mean To You?
- Fed Actions Are Driving Markets
- Navigating Required Minimum Distributions
- Four Retirement Income Withdrawal Methods
- Education Tax Credits Primer
- Two Overlooked Surprises Of 2019 To Track In 2020
- How Negative Yields In Europe Could Drive Stocks Higher
- Will Negative Rates Abroad Boost U.S. Stocks?
- Tax Law Changes Delayed But Not Dead
- About The Weakness In Manufacturing
- Is The Inverted Yield Curve The Financial Fakeout Of 2019?
- Retirement Income Alert: Do You Own A $1 Million Plus IRA In A High Income-Tax State?
- How Can We Help You Die In Peace?
- A Primer On Setting Up A Trust Fund